back to article SAP's RISE 'yet to prove its worth in practice...' Key German user group offers giant a progress 'reality check'

The 60,000 member-strong German-speaking SAP user group (DSAG) has issued a strongly worded statement in response to SAP’s lack of clarity on its RISE cloud upgrade at the annual Sapphire Now event. Jens Hungershausen, DSAG chairman, said the package, which is supposed to bring together the lift-and-shift to the cloud, …

1. AMBxx Silver badge

6 Years!

I can't believe it's been 6 years. In the words of my old SAP Account Manager, "SAP have bet the house on HANA".

Looks like they may be losing their house!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: 6 Years!

I worked on a couple of S4/HANA migrations and they both went well with happy customers. As usual I think it comes down to the amount of customization you do and whether you've followed SAP standards... or not.

That's a separate issue to migrating to a SAP cloud solution which, I have my doubts about but have never done myself.

1. Aitor 1 Silver badge

Re: 6 Years!

Most places that I have looked into ther SAP systems they either did not follow the standards or did but did a lot of custom modifications.

In both cases they should not have used SAP.

2. trevorde Silver badge

Difference of opinion

“yet to prove its worth in practice”

"I beg to differ", said every $AP con$ultant ever

3. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

"DSAG has issued a strongly worded statement"

SAP response: "We thank you for your input."

[background noise] Shredder running.

1. Korev Silver badge
      Joke

Re: "DSAG has issued a strongly worded statement"

> "DSAG has issued a strongly worded statement"

You could have just said it was written in German

4. MijnheerPepperkorn

"...in two days you can actually launch whatever you want." ...that's bonkers. In SAP world one could be happy to figure out the requirement in this period of time. HANA's 1st problem is hyperscalers. Whatever performance you need, they provide you in an instant. 2nd problem is dumb business people. HANA's business cases are essentially reporting based. You get instant reports on the foundation of real time data. My business folks is happy with the 1 day / 1 week old Business Warehouse reports. HANA marketing lives in a fantasy world, given the absurd license cost provide absolut no efficiencies for real world. For SAP it's time to reinvent, focus on UX, AI whatever. But not on database layer.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like