Re: Problem already solved
I saw that in my main browser, which prompted me to re-try it in the "safe-surfing sandboxed" browser that has script enabled.
I tested it with chrome on FreeBSD [a version built from ports a while back]. I initially used my "kill history" script that deletes LOTS of those files that chrome tries to use to save data across sessions. I recently increased the size of that list of files to be deleted, when I discovered that I wasn't deleting enough of them any more (certain things were starting to persist across browser sessions).
In any case, I did the "deanonymizing" test twice and got two completely different IDs. It does seem to take a while, though. You'd have to do this completely in the background for it to be effective, and over a fairly long period of time.
But a social media giant that "keeps you on the page" for a while (or runs a web bug script even after a trackable page closes) might still find it practical...