back to article 'Big updates' to Mac design app Sketch add real-time collaboration – but you'll need to fork out for a subscription

Mac-only drawing application Sketch is being repositioned as "a fully integrated platform for design and collaboration," though non-subscription users now have downgraded licences. Sketch is popular for prototyping designs for websites and user interfaces. Although less feature-rich than projects from its giant competitor, …

1. Korev Silver badge
    Holmes

This is the same path Adobe went down years ago. The last version of the perpetual licence Creative Suite was CS6, released in 2012, since when it has been subscription or nothing. Sketch therefore remains distinctive in still offering its "Mac-only" licence, even though it is upping the pressure to migrate.

Which is one of the reasons why many photographers are moving over to the competition.

1. mantavani

Quite. Serif in particular are having something of a renaissance with their excellent Affinity suite precisely because Adobe have pissed everyone else off - and there's less of the bloatware too!

2. DiViDeD Silver badge

Re: Adobe

To be honest, I've not found anything in recent years that Adobe software does which I can't do easily in Darktable, Raw Therapee or The Gimp

2. Rafael #872397
    Mushroom

but you'll need to fork out for a subscription

Hell no then. Affinity Designer does what I need to.

3. ecofeco Silver badge
    Windows

Subscription?

LOL! No.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021