back to article Digital Ocean springs a leak: Miscreant exploits hole to peep on unlucky customers' billing details for two weeks

Digital Ocean on Wednesday said someone was able to snoop on some of its cloud subscribers' billing information via a now-patched vulnerability. In an email to affected customers seen by The Register – and full disclosure, your Register vulture is a customer – the rent-a-server biz said that two days ago it confirmed a …

1. Pete 2 Silver badge

Hooked

> Digital Ocean on Wednesday said someone was able to snoop ...

Enough for a phishing expedition in the digital ocean, perchance?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Share best practices?

"We've asked Digital Ocean to reveal which authorities exactly it has spoken to, and if it plans to shed any more light on the flaw and why apparently so few people – one per cent of its customer base, a spokesperson told TechCrunch – were affected."

If they were breached, yet managed to contain it to 1% of the customer base, without allowing credentials to be leaked, then by all means please share how it was done. There's a lot of companies that could learn from this.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No pitty

due to their constant abuse (being abused?) we frequently have to black list their IP addresses. The worst single source of malicious Email in the world. Followed by goog.

I have no sympathy for them or their customers, due to their business practices.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: No pitty

Never had an issue myself and find they provide a very good service too other than I did notice they did recently get black listed, reported it to them and I must admit it was very much, so what, perhaps times are a changing as often they when such companies grow, sad if so as I've used them for years and highly rate them having used many cloud providers and until recently was using around 20 different ones.

I thought ovh where the worlds worst source of such stuff.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: No pitty

Digital Ocean is just as bad as OVH and HostEurope. The amount of spam and attempts at gaining access to websites is ridiculous. Assuming they're not hosting some terrible webcrawlers that somehow don't understand how robots.txt is supposed to work.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon