back to article Anyone for Palantir? UK.gov names gaggle of vendors to fight for contracts in £1.2bn back office application framework

It's pork barrel cracking time again, like it was ever really closed - the UK government has waved in a 30-strong gang of vendors to compete for slices of a potential £1.2bn framework for back office software. Cross-government procurement organisation, the Crown Commercial Service, said the deal will be used in central …

1. Chris G Silver badge

There are at least a dozen in that list that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole.

I would need to research some of the others but heyho it's only taxpayer's money.

2. Roger Kynaston Silver badge
    Flame

Fujitsu!!

They will start prosecuting people for not paying themselves excess bonuses.

Oracle Financials would be amusing as well for that matter but in a more run of the mill way.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Improving the odds

Howcome Crapita get three goes at the raffle?

Or does the same apply to others except only Crapita HQ aren't bright enough to hide their multiple identities?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Anyone got Boris' mobile number?

Then we could have a crack ourselves ...

1. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge
  5. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge

Extra Crispy Crackling...

Fifth of UK Covid contracts ‘raised red flags for possible corruption’

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/22/fifth-of-uk-covid-contracts-raised-red-flags-for-possible-corruption

6. Apprentice of Tokenism
    Unhappy

Sigh. Honestly. Why is this list not surprising me? I am not even disappointed.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021