few expected to see a major reversal from Trump's policies on Huawei
Other than to protect , the non-existent, US builders of 5G equipment, there has never been a reason.
1. I understand that Huawei has shoddy code but so does everyone else.
2. They have security flaws but if CISCO can get away with this that's not a problem either.
3. They were building up a huge market share. That's capitalism for you.
4. China has some iffy foreign policy, just like the USA...
5. Internal policy? US not to good either and now the UK is aiming to ban free demonstrations too.