back to article One minute you're a peripheral maker chugging along nicely, the next the world can't seem to get enough of Logitech's kit

The pandemic has been kind to Logitech, whose profits have almost quadrupled from what they were a year ago. Revenues for the peripheral maker's Q3 ended 31 December show a jump of 85 per cent year-on-year to $1.67bn and profit came in at $448m versus $129m. For the nine months of fiscal '21, sales were up 64 per cent $3.716bn …

1. MJI Silver badge

Keyboard

My keyboard in one, nice action as well

2. Loyal Commenter Silver badge

HOTAS Joysticks

If the difficulty in getting hold of these is anything to go by (selling for £1k on eBay), they must be making a tidy profit from the X56 Rhino HOTAS Joysticks as well. This is no doubt helped by the release of MS Flight Simulator in August, and a period when Elite: Dangerous was offered for free (to drum up a player-base for their next big expansion, coming Any Day Now™)

3. druck Silver badge
    Unhappy

Out of stock

It does seem people can't get enough g them - I was going to treat myself to an MX Keys and an MX Master 3 mouse for Christmas, but everywhere was out of stock, and still is.

1. CuChulainn Silver badge

Re: Out of stock

I don't know where you are, but Scan has them (Master 3) in stock, as does Storkz and Grooves.land (the latter is where I got my MX Ergo). The latter also has MX Keys.

2. HamsterNet

Re: Out of stock

MX master 3 mouse is a job to use. Really has increase the efficiency of my procrastination.

4. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Loyal Commenter Silver badge

Re: Plateau in 3, 2, 1...

The crappier your quality the more likely folks will go elsewhere for their next purchase.

Which is exactly why manufacturers like Logitech will continue to do well. After their 5th cheap Chinese £10 keyboard from eBay fails, people will realise that, in the long run, it's better to spend more money on something better built.

To be fair, there are lots of manufacturers out there who make perfectly good mechanical keyboards with knock-off Cherry switches these days, so you only really need to splash out if you want genuine ones. People will always want to upgrade to something nicer though.

5. Grunchy Bronze badge

K400 is like pretty much the best home theatre keyboard but it’s limited to linking to just one dongle, dang it. It’s like this one keyboard could have worked on everything, but no, you’ve got to move the dongle too. And there’s zero chance Logitech is gonna fix their firmware, too. Curses!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022