back to article Sun, sea and sad signage: And lo, they saw a shining light in the sky... oh, it's a BIOS error

Viva Las Borkas! A trip to warmer parts today and a sign that seems to be showing us that most of unusual of things: a bork within a bork, on this, the eighth instalment of our Twelve Borks of Christmas (12BoC) series*. Spotted by Register reader David outside a bus station at Lanzarote's Playa Blanca, a billboard that …

1. Solviva

Sounds like the "unsuccessful overclocking attempt" message, which makes you wonder why they need to set an advertising machine to 11?

1. renke

> why they need to set an advertising machine to 11?

surely a Facebook campaign ("move fast and break things").

My personal BIOS/POST error favourite is still "keyboard not found, press any key to continue". Good old times...

1. AndrueC Silver badge
        Joke

And I have never found a key labelled 'any'.

1. ortunk

I remember at least one BIOS switching to Peess F1... due to number of support calls

2. Version 1.0 Silver badge

Thanks, that's helped, I have text to sound turned on and was looking for my Annie key.

2. Dvon of Edzore
    Holmes

Hidden Borkage

Those who click on everything might already have noticed the tag page for 12BoC (as linked at the top of this story) only shows six of the current eight episodes, including this one. How apropos.

"Be not deceived, Bork is not mocked; for whatsoever a man maketh, that shall he also fucketh up." --Murphy 6⅞

3. Paul Hovnanian Silver badge

Baby Jeebus

Behold, wise men from the East have come to ask if you have tried turning it off and on again.

1. Version 1.0 Silver badge

Re: Baby Jeebus

These days the Wise Men would have sent their gifts via Amazon.

1. AndrueC Silver badge
        Joke

If they arrived late I'd be incensed :)

1. Alister

Well at least you're frank about it.

Comedy gold, but let's have no myrrh awful puns.

4. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Congratulations and Happy New Year !

This little ditty is enormously amusing. I wonder if you'll be able to finish it.

Thank you, El Reg, for all your hard work and entertaining articles.

I look forward to continuing to read you in this new year.

Best Wishes to everyone !

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022