back to article Samsung supremo suggests Note phablet will be scattered throughout the Galaxy... though not black-holed

The president and head of Samsung Electronics’ mobile comms business appears to have acknowledged that the Galaxy Note is no more - at least as a unique product. In a hagiographic post pondering 2020 and looking ahead to Samsung's product plans for the new year, president Dr. TM Roh wrote: “We’ve also been paying attention to …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Integrated car experience

"seamlessly integrated car experiences that make personalized car connectivity a part of your digital life"

Why do I find this statement worrisome?

2. BackToTheFuture

Intergrated user experience

“We’ve also been paying attention to people’s favorite aspects of the Galaxy Note experience and are excited to add some of its most well-loved features to other devices in our lineup.”

Great - looking forward to the return of the headphone jack and a non-curved edge display. WooHoo.

3. ThatOne Silver badge
    Facepalm

> "highly advanced on-device AI capabilities within the Galaxy family, enabling our devices to continually learn from daily activities and routines"

Great, Samsung is about to invent Clippy...

(Unless it's just a way to create better ad-targeting user profiles)

4. Snake Silver badge

'More of Samsung's ideas of telephony'

Even more reason for me to avoid Samsung phones, from my perspective. Their idea of "advancements" is my idea of "bloat".

1. Down not across Silver badge

Re: 'More of Samsung's ideas of telephony'

...enabling our devices to continually learn from daily activities and routines ...

Just what I wanted, more slurp.

I'm utterly sick of all these so called assistants trying to second guess what I'm doing. Just let me decide what I want to do mmkay.

(yes, I took that bit out of context, but still)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021