back to article Microsoft hasn't had a good time with privacy recently – so here's a tool that checks your data compliance is up to snuff

Microsoft has teased Azure Purview, a tech built to deal with customers' data compliance and governance requirements by verifiyng the presence of sensitive information without users having to eyeball the stuff first. The Purview Preview (not to be uttered after a few shots of the Azure AI-infused whisky) has arisen from in- …

1. FlamingDeath Silver badge

This company knows no bounds in their shame, they’ve not seen a mirror in decades.

Microsoft, the company which hosts phishing forms on their Microsoft Forms platform and then when reported, do nothing because of and I quote “data protection”

Know this, what ever it is they create, it will be bloated, it wont work, the UI will be changed weekly, it will be full of nasty exploitable holes, it’ll have some god-awful name that some wanker in marketing brainfarted out of one of their many orifices AND... AND... it’ll be abandoned a few months later to make way for a new shiny brainfart cloudy thingy

If someone can kindly give me a kick in the nuts when Microturd finally manages to unify their 2FA shitshow across all their domains / platforms / global presense etc, thanks

Why does everything they do result in such a dogs dinner? I have 2FA enabled on so many services and “IT JUST WORKS”. Microturd on the other hand, fucken nightmare

IT is certainly the industry to be in if you’re a hipster

Oooohh shiney

Oooooh fancy marketing buzz words

Ooooh Ai ( Errr.... Nope, not yet, not for a while)

Oooooh TheCloud™️ (Yes, they change shape and form, usually randomly)

Ooooh another fucking patch to fix the shiny you’re so fond of

Tried and tested? Meh... BORING!!

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Written by the same guys that wrote AIP

Azure Information Protection, mandatory on all computers at the bank I'm working for, is meant to trace sensitive documents and prevent disclosure thereof.

Too bad that it deems sensitive any document containing more than 20 dates, because those could be customer birthdates; even if they're in the future (list of future holidays) or in the last couple of years (stock quotes). As if a 2-year-old could ever be a customer...

Not to mention that with AIP installed Office applications start slower than they used to on a 486 under Windows 3.1... I'm sure this new offering will work just as flawlessly. /s

1. Strahd Ivarius Silver badge

Re: Written by the same guys that wrote AIP

When AIP ins present you are especially not supposed to create folders in your Outlook inbox otherwise it will take a few seconds moving to one folder to another one...

One of the reasons I didn't ask it to be implemented where I work now after leaving Big Bank IT.

2. FlamingDeath Silver badge

If anybody fancies becoming a novelist, I recommend taking up Powershell.

I feel like I am writing War and Peace when scripting with this crap

1. Paul Hovnanian Silver badge

"I recommend taking up Powershell"

Sophocles would have felt right at home.

3. don't you hate it when you lose your account

Mine sweeper

The only M$ program that's guaranteed not to crash. Don't help when the OS throws a bluey when you sneeze.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A software privacy analysis tool

Written by the last people you would trust with software privacy analysis.

1. Strahd Ivarius Silver badge

Re: A software privacy analysis tool

isn't there a saying like "it takes a crook to catch a crook" ?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well, it's obvious why they developed these analytics

How else would they know what to send to the US??

Yes, I'm paranoid. That's because it keeps getting confirmed on an almost daily basis.

6. 0laf
    FAIL

Aaaaaand it's in E5

Started to read the story. Thought this is interesting, bet it's an E5 license......

And bingo it is.

Might as well just pay the GDPR fine, it's half the price of E5 for all.

Plus to get our moneys worth out of E5 we'd need another 3 full time staff to wade through the swamp that is the 365 security console / 365 compliance console / 365 not quite security or compliance console / that spare console with a few things that no one could be arsed to put in the right place / the console that's about to be retired with the useful stuff / the console under the kitchen sink beside the ant spray / Dave's console and the 300 toggles, switches and links that all try to trick you into using E5 tools but which don't say that anywhere.

Shower of shites you are MS

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like