back to article Unionised BT Technology workers vote for industrial action as more compulsory job cuts hit UK telco's IT crowd

BT workers in the Technology division are keen on taking industrial action to oppose the multi-year and multi-billion pound cost cutting programme that CEO Philip Jansen inherited and has continued to run. Paul Moore, the local branch officer at CWU, the communications union, told The Reg that 84 per cent of unionised members …

1. Hubert Cumberdale Silver badge

I think I've been looking at too many physics papers... I first read that headline as "Un-ionised BT Technology workers...". I was wondering whether there must be some kind of electronic process that the others go through as part of their, erm, induction...

2. Version 1.0 Silver badge
    Facepalm

Cost cutting protects jobs.

CEO Philip Jansen needs to keep working at the cost cutting program to protect his salary.

Our government policy is that strikes 'only cause damage' - David Cameron ... would Jansen go on strike if they abolished the cost cutting program or would he just move to a new CEO position?

1. Claverhouse Silver badge

Re: Cost cutting protects jobs.

...strikes 'only cause damage' - David Cameron .

OK, I get the New Libertarian Tories hate unions and Welfare etc. etc., ad nauseum blah blah blah; but did our worst prime minister yet explain exactly how staff should gain improved conditions ( or even keep those they currently have ? ).

Never been a union member, but except for those people who are natural slaves, kowtowing to their superiors, most of us would be a lot worse off without their efforts in the past; and in many countries futurely since the unions are the only people there trying to stop the move to a neo-liberal Soviet governance.

3. stiine Silver badge

Dear BT,

Go ahead and schedule rounds 3 and 4.

1. Martin-73 Silver badge

Re: Dear BT,

Tory?

4. druck Silver badge
    Alert

Celluar backup

Time to make sure there's credit on the 4G dongle which the router uses for failover - with a non EE SIM of course.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021