And the MS people go
WAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Who in their right mind would ever want to go to work? If you REALLY want to talk to people, there is a device with 10 numbers, an ear piece, and a speaker that works great! You can even have water cooler talk that way if you desire!
The advantages to society and work are huge! I have been promoting WFH for over 20 years. Why?
For the employee
1) Save on work clothes
2) Save on Cost of Food
3) Save on transportation costs
4) Flexibility to run Errands
5) Save on auto insurance
6) Reduction in pollution
7) Less traffic
8) Will not spread germs
9) More productive
10) Less demand for oil
For the employer
1) Lower Overhead costs - heating/cooling/insurance/gas/electric/telephone/etc
2) Can sell or lease excess space OR turn it into housing
3) Higher Employee Productivity
4) Can brag they are a good GREEN company
5) Usually get extra time from employees as they no longer have very long commutes
6) Most people WFH have almost no sick days
7) Potential for lower salaries for new hires if they are not living in some AWFUL expensive city
Honestly, if I were in charge, I would make it MANDATORY that all BACK OFFICE employees would work from home. I really do not understand the "mental illness" people get from not working in the office. Get wireless - you can work from ANYWHERE so if you feel alone, you could take your laptop to anywhere like a bar/golf course/beach/lake/coffee shop/whatever is your fancy.
Let the downvotes commence!