back to article Beloved US telco Verizon puts arm around Nokia, Microsoft, preps enterprise 5G for Europe, APAC

US telco Verizon has linked arms with Nokia to build enterprise-oriented private 5G networks. Verizon has opted for Nokia's Digital Automation Cloud (DAC) platform as the basis of the next generation network, which will initially be available to businesses in Europe and Asia Pacific. This kit — which supports 4.9G/LTE and 5G …

1. James O'Shea

Veriscum, beloved?!

There's sarcasm, and then there's sarcasm, and then there's _this_. The only reason why Verizon isn't the worst telco in the US is because AT&T exists. The only reason why AT&T isn't the worst telco in the world is because Cable & Wireless exists. (Sorta.) Veriscum is certainly attempting to take both titles, and may yet succeed.

1. Snake Silver badge

Re: Veriscum, beloved?!

:applause: Upvote.

1. HildyJ Silver badge
        FAIL

Re: Veriscum, beloved?!

I have Veriscum FIO$ (fiber to the home) TV service (which is good, but you pay through the nose) and WiFi service (which is mediocre and you still pay through the nose). I used to have their mobile service which was mediocre (and, you guessed it, you still paid through nose with the post nasal drip of all sorts of added fees).

I can see why they're not offering this in the US because their low and mid band 5g networks are nonexistent and their high band network only reliably works if you're standing under the antenna.

2. fidodogbreath Silver badge

"Beloved"

I have Verizon for cellular and Spectrum for internet, because they are the best and most cost-effective options available where I live.

What a sad, sad state of affairs.

3. Down not across Silver badge

Hans chooses Nokia?

So did Hans choose Nokia because of the merits of the offering or to spite Ericsson?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022