back to article First, Patch Tuesday. Now, Oh Hell, Monday: Microsoft emits bonus fixes for Visual Studio, Windows 10 security bugs

Just days after issuing fixes for scores of bugs in its products for this month's Patch Tuesday, Microsoft has issued two more patches for security holes that can be exploited by maliciously crafted files to run malware on victims' computers. The first, CVE-2020-17023, is a Visual Studio issue that allows for remote code …

1. sitta_europea Bronze badge

Well if Microsoft could now turn their attention to stopping the thousand spam messages a week that they send me I'd be most grateful.

1. logicalextreme Silver badge

Migrate to Office 359. Then you have a reasonable chance of not being able to see them.

1. David 132 Silver badge
        Happy

I followed your advice, and I’m now evaluating Office 358. So far I’m quite impressed with the Office 357 apps. Word 356, Powerpoint 355, Excel 354... yep, Office 353 is not too bad, and I don’t know what the criticism is about, it’s pretty reliab

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Stop running anything by Microsoft. It's the only way.

2. Lorribot Bronze badge

No patch for SharePoint 2010?

There does not appear to be a patch for SharePoint 2010 but nothing explicitly saying it is not affected and does not go end of life till April next year.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's late 2020..

.. and Microsoft code can still be breached by a malicious image.

Unbelievable.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021