back to article Dutch telco KPN goes its own Huawei, picks Ericsson for its 5G core network

Dutch network KPN has selected Ericsson to provide the infrastructure for its 5G core network. This decision, although inevitable, represents another setback for Huawei, its 4G provider, which had until now enjoyed a long and intimate relationship with the carrier. Under the terms of the five-year deal, Ericsson has agreed to …

1. Lars Silver badge
    Happy

Good

While I don't agree with anything the con man spouts (nor does my stomach) this will of course keep more of the money within the EU and it will also boost the technology here.

1. Mark Exclamation Bronze badge

Re: Good

As an Australian, whose country is currently being pummeled trade-wise by China, because we "hurt their feelings", poor little diddums, I agree with any country or person who chooses to use stuff not made in China. I try myself, but it is really difficult as most stuff is "currently" made in China. However, it does seem to be becoming a little easier as we in Australia wean ourselves off our untrustworthy trading "partner".

2. big_D Silver badge

It's okay...

It's okay, Huawei. Vodafone still loves you.

They sent us a new Huawei router for our new fibre connection this week.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021