back to article Casting a teleport spell is out of the question? Next Falcon-powered 'naut trip to space station set for Halloween

The latest batch of astronauts to fly to the International Space Station atop a SpaceX Falcon rocket will have to wait a little longer – after NASA pushed back the launch to October 31. Back in May, NASA and SpaceX collaborated on the all-American Demo-2 flight, which was a test to see if SpaceX could, for the first time in …

1. John Robson Silver badge
    Coat

Christmas trip

Yay.

(Yes, alluding to both Apollo 8 and the old programmers joke - I'll get my own coat)

2. rg287 Silver badge

As chance would have it, SpaceX also released (in glorious 4K) a highlights vid of the manned Demo2 mission yesterday.

Worth a couple of minutes of your time if you like (SFW) space pron.

3. Dvon of Edzore

But will they replace "Comm check"

with "Trick or Treat"?

4. HildyJ Silver badge
    Pint

Might as well

With wildfires, storms, and drought; not to mention COVID-19; not to mention protests and counter protests; not to mention the election (please don't mention the election); it seems like a perfect time to flee the country.

As far as Halloween, with COVID-19 restrictions trick or treating isn't happening in many places.

So open skies and safe home.

1. Conundrum1885

Re: Might as well

Actually there's nothing to say that folks can't use telepresence instead.

Virtual "Trick or Treat" anyone?

Makes note to change my lighting to something spooky and put "Superstition" on repeat.

And a robot arm made of printer servos and hard cardboard print rolls just in case folks do show up, with a suitably creepy voice.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021