back to article Oracle gears up to fend off RPA and workflow upstarts by pouring more automation into core enterprise apps

Oracle is making a pitch against the intrusion of RPA and workflow software vendors that have climbed into its back yard with a slew of new features in core products. Big Red's plan is to leapfrog the RPA vendors that have successfully dug a growing market for themselves in enterprise applications, according to Juergen Lindner …

1. Martin 63
    Facepalm

Dippy

I see you're wanting more lock in.

No paperclip icon

2. HildyJ Silver badge
    Devil

Intelligent Process Automation

1) Pay your Oracle license fees

2) License new Oracle software

3) License more Oracle database capacity

4) License even more Oracle database capacity just in case

5) Go to step 1

1. B83
      Alert

Re: Intelligent Process Automation

You beat me to it.

As soon as I started reading the article I thought "OUCH" to the license fees. Oooooh they are gonna be sweet. Problem is though those costs usually cost us humans our jobs.

I've nothing against automation, its part of our working future, but after having experience with 'BluePrism' I aint convinced. £30,000 ,internal business costs, to automate the loading of a spreadsheet, which was not locked down i.e. users could change the format (they regularly did). Ping you have an email......BluePrism alert.......spreadsheet load has failed.....surprise F*cking surprise (haha).

$$££Kerrching££$$ for the Big Red I think!

2. You aint sin me, roit
      Trollface

Re: Intelligent Process Automation

You missed out the step where Oracle informs you that they have changed the licensing terms.

Pray that they don't alter them further.

3. druck Silver badge
    Thumb Down

RPA?

Are we expected to google what this means for ourselves?

1. cbars

Re: RPA?

You're expected to be deliberatly reading an IT focused news website and be familiar with common abbreviations and acronyms

(IT here stands for a new industry known to some as Information Technology)

Give the journo a break, are you telling me you've never missed an entry out of your "abbreviations", or "acronyms" table, which you have in all your documentation?

If you like, you could use some Robotic Process Automation to look up abbreviations in websites which don't list them, or post a comment signalling your displeasure on related comments sections..... wait a minute....

4. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge
    Alert

Oracle Licensing

Cry havoc and let slip the [Robotic] dogs of war [Oracle Licensing]

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022