back to article US finds new Huawei to hurt China with new sanctions at top chip maker SMIC

The US government has told American companies that make semiconductor manufacturing kit that they must obtain a licence to export their products to China's largest chip maker, the Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation (SMIC). The US Department of Commerce said American exports to SMIC pose an "unacceptable risk …

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Eternal Losers/Serial Morons'r'Us? How Else does One Adequately Explain the Complex Phenomenon ‽

Does Uncle Sam learn nothing at all from all of their experiences in conflicts they have initiated and never won ..... which is by all accounts classified as a certifiable loss?

Is the air toxic, is the water poisoned, is the food infected, are they being brainwashed over there in the Wild Wacky West World of the definitely not United States of America? What is the reason? Why the disease? Do they not realise they are self-destructing/being destroyed at an increasingly alarmingly rapid rate.

Is that their US Master Plan, to Die for a Universal Reset? That's madly drastic and uncommonly tragic to say the least, however YMMV and bold and brave may tickle your fancy. Either way though, it is pretty decent of them to sacrifice themselves for the greater common good.

Is there anything you can do to help them? They're sure to be grateful and bound to be exceedingly generous in fiat reward for they are well renowned for it. Some who may be many more than just a chosen few would tell you It is a mighty strength, deeply embedded in the many dark corners of their DNA/RNA but never a good fit if ever wielded by the Infernal Internal, Eternal Losers .. Serial Morons'r'Us.

Re: Eternal Losers/Serial Morons'r'Us? ....... Is the water poisoned?

Well now, who would have thought that/this would surface today too ....... https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/texas-residents-warned-their-drinking-water-may-contain-brain-eating-microbe

An Uncanny Quantum Communication Entanglement/Spooky Action at a Distance, Herr Einstein?

1. TimMaher Silver badge
        Unhappy

Re: Eternal Losers/Serial Morons'r'Us? ....... Is the water poisoned?

I read that in the Independent.

Sad that a child died though.

2. very angry man

Some people call me paranoid and they may be right

from the article mentioned.

The infection is usually fatal and has been seen before in the past, notably in tap water in Southern Louisiana from 2011 to 2013. It was also found in an untreated geothermal well in Arizona in 2003.

The advisory affects 120,000 people

i see it a bit differently

discovered 2003,

weaponized 2011 - first limited test 2011-2013

delivery vehicle test 2020 target area 120,000 pax

2. DJ

Re: Eternal Losers/Serial Morons'r'Us?...

@amanfromMars

I must have missed the portion of your post where you outline your solution.

Perhaps you could re-post it?

Re: Eternal Losers/Serial Morons'r'Us?...

Only the problem for solution with a Universal Reset to Die for was outlined, DJ. You missed nothing.

The how and the why and the therefore it is a series of open hearts and beautiful minds operations designed to save the ailing bug-ridden patient with a toxic virtualisable cocktail of virulent medicines to lay waste to the receptors of their psychotic paranoid killer robotic mindset diseases, when/if that be discovered and uncovered as the only available ideal solution and unavoidable necessary unpleasantness, was not shared earlier to be missed in a post here on this quite tragic and magical thread ...... for some vital things are generally best left always unsaid lest the shock of the knowledge of requisite life saving treatments overwhelms and terminates the sickened and sickening patient prematurely and preternaturally.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Tempest

It's Amazing How Petty The USA & Fearless Leader Trump Can Get

One of the biggest reasons not to buy US products is because of the long 'tail' that follows them.

The U.S. has for decades used aircraft instrumentation to limit sales of foreign manufactured aircraft - think Iran. Fortunately it is extremely easy to circumvent, think of a Chinese aircraft that was stolen and flown into TaiWan years ago. It was filled with US manufactured chips.

My employer uses Chinese manufactured integrated circuits and we can order custom pin-outs for quantities as low as 500 pieces. Try that from a US manufacturer. Anyone who has used a 555 chip are well aware of the pairing of 2 sets of pins - a real pain for PCB designers. When we go to North Korea we carry numerous spare parts manufactured in the USA because the Trump stupidity is something we don't bother about.

The US should remember that the Chinese hold US debt as well being the source of rare metals used in some security enterprises and a quick jerk of those strings would be a painful lesson for Washington to learn.

Many 'empires' have collapsed - look at Britain - the US will collapse too.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: It's Amazing How Petty The USA & Fearless Leader Trump Can Get

It is all a diversion. The NYT article on exactly how bad a businessman their 'Dear Leader' is, is quite damming.

If his repeated bankruptcies had happened here, it is more than likely that he'd have been banned from holding any directorships long ago.

He's not going to exit stage left from the White House in January 2021 even if he loses the election by a landslide. He's gearing up for a decade long fight in the courts unless... [insert your own thoughts about what migh happen given the sheen number of weapons in the USA].

I'm sure that our own 'dear leader' Mr Cummings and his mouthpiece Boris (the spider) will be watching events in the USA very closely and wondering how they could remain in power for the next 10 years while they execute their grand plan of total economic disintegration of the UK comes to fruition..

If you can get out, go and go now.

I'm sure that our own 'dear leader' Mr Cummings and his mouthpiece Boris (the spider) will be watching events in the USA very closely and wondering how they could remain in power for the next 10 years while they execute their grand plan of total economic disintegration of the UK comes to fruition.

If you can get out, go and go now. ..... Anonymous Coward

That's revolting talk, AC. And we all know who lose their heads in those times and eventful spaces, which must surely be worrisome to many actively involved and easily identified as being instrumental in promoting failing leaderships and destructively austere programs and social pogroms.

And there's nowhere to go to get out whenever everyone knows who you are, is there? One could then correctly say one is right royally properly fcukd.

1. AndyFl

@amanfromMars 1

You must be slipping, that was the second posting in a row I managed to understand in one pass :)

Alternatively you are starting to work into my brain...

2. Andy The Hat Silver badge

"If his repeated bankruptcies had happened here, it is more than likely that he'd have been banned from holding any directorships long ago."

In his own words "Bankruptcy has been good for me". In much of the world, "fraud" and "misappropriation" and "embezzelement" and "corruption" may be used. However in the US the rich, especially the super rich, apparently use a different dictionary.

2. Jason Bloomberg Silver badge
      Mushroom

The US should remember that the Chinese hold US debt as well being the source of rare metals used in some security enterprises and a quick jerk of those strings would be a painful lesson for Washington to learn.

The three unknowns are; when China will decide she's had enough, what she will do about it, and whether Trump can be removed from office before that happens.

The latter might depend on whether the military brass are looking forward to a global nuclear war or want to avoid that.

4. msobkow Bronze badge

If someone were making work boots instead of software or hardware, the Americans would claim they have "potential military applications" if they decide they want to hurt your nation. It has NOTHING to do with sanity and EVERYTHING to do with politics from the stance of a certain Orange Menace who completely and utterly fails to grasp the concept of mutually beneficial trade. If the Americans aren't taking ALL the profits, Trump thinks the US is being "ripped off."

5. Yes Me Silver badge
    Happy

Good news for China, in the end

I have no doubt that China is already developing its own alternatives to Western suppliers for all this machinery (the highest of high tech, as far as I can tell). And of course, because of the Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, this move will increase the likelihood of Taiwan finding itself part of China again sometime in the next ten years. So this will all work out very well for China in the end, and badly for the USA. Another embellishment for Trump's CV.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021