back to article Oracle rejoices as US government's $400m wage discrimination claim gets piped into /dev/null

An administrative law judge this week dismissed the US government's claim that Oracle unfairly underpaid its female and minority workers by hundreds of millions of dollars. Judge Richard Clark, with the Department of Labor, ruled [PDF] that though he had heard anecdotes of pay disparity at the American super-corp, none of it …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If only Oracle had....

... some sort if database they could query with staff salaries in.

2. DavCrav Silver badge

Oracle liar, sorry I meant lawyer, said:

"In a more than 200-page decision, Judge Clark found no evidence of discrimination. We have been subject to years of harassment by Department of Labor employees with no evidence of discrimination whatsoever."

The actual judge actually said

"A number of current and former Oracle employees appeared and offered their anecdotal experiences. While I appreciated the time and courage it took for those witnesses to appear at this hearing, the case is ultimately not about whether or not any individual instance of discrimination occurred or how witnesses may have been treated in a particular circumstance."

So this is a Trump-like complete exoneration, in the sense that there were many examples of foul play, just not the right kind of foul play for the particular charge being investigated.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Now that we know Oracle discriminates illegally

Doesn't this mean that governments can no longer legally procure their services?

1. TimMaher Silver badge
      Joke

Re: Now that we know Oracle discriminates illegally

They still can but only “in a limited and specific way”. (Brandon Lewis).

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Having been a "lower level manager" at Oracle time years (hence anonymous posting here), I can state absolutely that it is not true at all that medium and higher level managers have no or little input to salary decisions. In fact the opposite was true.

In fairness, though, when I pointed out that the only woman on my team was paid 30% less than her peers (despite being the best in the group) they did fix that pretty quickly

5. fredesmite2
    Mushroom

Sad - TRUE fact that #trumbilllies and Republicans

Think it is perfectly 100 % -- OK .,. to pay minorities and women less than a while male

because

they are not white males.

Amurika is truly the land of poorly educated - and the $billionaires are laughing at them.

Larry is a big BIG BunkerBitch Cluck Sucker too. He has an official White-House kneepads to prove it .

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021