back to article Customers defecting to Oracle? Not according to our research, says SAP chief number cruncher

SAP's chief bean counter Luka Mucic has belatedly rubbished claims by arch rival Oracle that it is poaching some of the German software maker's largest customers. Asked about investors’ concerns over Oracle’s claims during a call with financial analysts, Mucic said SAP had researched its client base beyond the top-10 or top-50 …

1. Youngone Silver badge

Top 10?

The huge corporation I work for is currently migrating from Oracle to SAP, at least in part because Oracle can't offer us want we need.

From what I have heard, that will cost Oracle $25 million or so per year, just in the Asia Pacific region. Oracle shareholders might want to know.

1. IGotOut Silver badge
      Joke

Re: Top 10?

"that will cost Oracle $25 million or so per year, just in the Asia Pacific region"

That all? Are you running your DB on a Pentium 2?

2. Vizesnyolcas

Ah, the Oxford comma

the four core end-to-end business processes of HR, ERP, supply chain and spend management and CRM

So what's in the four:

-- HR

-- ERP

-- supply chain and spend management

-- CRM

or:

-- HR

-- ERP

-- supply chain

-- spend management and CRM?

1. Mark Exclamation
      Headmaster

Re: Ah, the Oxford comma

According to the way it's written, there's only 3:

HR

ERP

supply chain and spend management and CRM

I wonder what the 4th is?

3. a_yank_lurker Silver badge

Believe Leisure Suit Larry?

I tend to doubt Leisure Suit Larry as the integrity, honesty, and truth are words I would not use to describe him.

1. big_D Silver badge

Re: Believe Leisure Suit Larry?

It is also amazing that he looks more and more like Leisure Suit Larry with each passing year. Must be the Botox.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020