back to article UK electricity and gas regulator Ofgem puts up £30m 'to respond to urgent requests to complete projects'

UK electricity and gas market watchdog Ofgem has put £30m on the table as it seeks vendors with project management, developer, infrastructure and data skills that can whip out a hard hat - or a soft swivelly chair, we suppose - and respond to "urgent" calls. Launching a framework divided into six lots, the regulator said it …

1. Chris G Silver badge

I just hope they manage to stay away from the usual culprits who tend to win these tenders and then fail to deliver anything useful while continuing to come in over budget and seem to be qble to negotiate never ending extensions.

Yes crapita and serco, I am looking at you.

2. Robert Grant Silver badge

it worked with Valtech on a supplier Secure Data Exchange to support energy customers in switching suppliers, built in Azure, based on the Hadoop file system, using an Apache Spark cluster with jobs written in Python

GCP, anyone? :)

1. Trigonoceps occipitalis

House!

I win.

1. Jimmy2Cows Silver badge
        Pint

Re: House!

Damn. So close. So close. I just needed one more.

Enjoy your prize ------->

3. Peter Prof Fox

So now wo know (one) cost of knee-jerk management

Obviously everything at Ofgem has to be a crisis. None of that boring three-year plan stuff. Clearly this is about spending money not scoping issues then designing budgeted solutions. With the Lamborghini on stand-by there's no question of cheaply walking to the shops for a pint of milk. This is the Cummings future.

1. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse Silver badge

Re: So now wo know (one) cost of knee-jerk management

Hypocrisy indeed, because at the the same time they expect all of the GDNs to deliver an accurate 5 year plan which is almost impossible due to the rate of technology and innovation change across the whole industry.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020