back to article One button to mute them all: PowerToys brings forth kill button for the conferencing generation

Good news for anyone who has ever tried to use the pure white tile and theoretical quiet of the bathroom as a meeting backdrop without realising their brother was in there: a PowerToys feature that mutes the mic and injects a stream of black instead of video via a virtual driver. Microsoft's PowerToys gang emitted a pair of …

1. MatthewSt Bronze badge

Moca?

Does this complement the Trello-esque monstrosity known as Planner?

List and Task products are to Microsoft what messaging services are to Google!

2. Sgt_Oddball Silver badge
    Windows

Hurumph!

Hurumph I say!

I don't want a button or shortcut that mutes me... I want a STFU button that shuts everyone else up...

Especially that one person we all know who types with a hammer.

1. big_D Silver badge

Re: Hurumph!

I've given about 30 hours of Teams training since March, but luckily, apart from that, I've probably had about 2 hours of conferences or video calls since then.

Also, my laptop has a physical slider for the camera and my keyboard has a microphone mute key. Even better, my desktop PC doesn't have a camera at all - we ordered 40 cameras back in March, the first delivery of 20 turned up 2 weeks ago and I am way down the list.

3. Martin-R

Can we have...?

... something to stop ******* Teams et al deciding to turn down the mic gain half way through a call? Zoom seems to have picked up this habit too.

And of course what Office really needs is yet another way of tracking to do lists and tasks that doesn’t integrate with all the others it already has :-(

4. Dave 126 Silver badge

Purest blackness

Oh, Edmund, can it be true, that I hold here in my mortal hand a nugget of purest green?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020