back to article Tired: Cheap space launch outfits. Wired: Software-and-data-as-a-service for cheap space launch outfits

Ventures that plan to get stuff into space at low prices are not hard to find. But service providers for those cut-price launchers are a new to El Reg. Hence our interest in Japanese space upstart iSpace, which yesterday decided to start a new line of business offering a “data-centric platform through which the company aims to …

1. Chris G Silver badge

What are they smoking?

And where can I get some?

2. Eli...

Well I suppose they could turn a profit selling the iSpace logo to

Apple when it finally gets round to running it's own lunar buses...

3. EnviableOne Silver badge

the lunar city is probably a bit far fetched, ut they can definatley make cash by selling the data for research purposes

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I can't help thinking that once / if it's up and running every glass of water to drink will have passed through a few thousand people and several electrolosys plants and probably a few fuel cells.

After a few years it may be profitable to start shipping bottled water from earth to the moon (even with the massive weight / cost implications), after all how much will a sealed bottle of "Peckham Spring" water be worth on the moon?

1. Martin Gregorie Silver badge

I can't help thinking that once / if it's up and running every glass of water to drink will have passed through a few thousand people and several electrolosys plants and probably a few fuel cells.

...so not a lot different to the situation back here on Earth if you leave out the electrolysis plants and fuel cells. I'd be surprised if there's any water on earth that hasn't been through at least one creature's guts.

5. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

I hope...

...they are planning in investing a little cash into the business than they put into the promo. That looked like one of those crappy HR online training courses we have to sit through a few times per year on GDPR, Anti-bribary/corruption etc.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020