back to article They say the tooth will set you free... so Brit dentist trade union tells members: 'Bad news – we've been hacked'

Hackers who accessed the servers of the British Dental Association (BDA) may have made off with members' bank account numbers and sort codes, according to reports. The trade union's servers were breached at the end of July, knocking out its website on the 30th as BDA personnel scratched their heads. Trade news site Dentistry …

1. CAPS LOCK

Hahaha, massive fines incoming because ICO hates dentists as much as everyone else....

... They should be grateful they're not lawyers....

2. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

"could cause more pain with potential fines."

This may tingle for a while but it should go numb.

1. RM Myers Silver badge
      Coat

Those potential fines could impact them and leave a cavity in their wallet that they won't be able to brush away. Just another sign of the decay in dental systems, so brace yourself and do cary (sic, maybe even sick) on.

And I'm out of here, before a canine bites me and gums up my day.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I'm sure they could cap the financial penalties (but it will be expensive!)

1. Chris G Silver badge

Clearly they need to drill their staff and fill the gaps in their online hygiene.

3. Teiwaz Silver badge

The revenge of the Big Cheese (and Floppsy)?

4. Danny 2 Silver badge

I miss my dentist more than I miss my youth

I saw him last week, he was able to fix one of the three I removed. He still referred to Cleetus from the Simpsons.

He pointed out dentistry isn't back to normal, unless you pay privately then no drill or spray.

5. Sgt_Oddball Silver badge

Balls..

I'm going to have let the wife know. And then get here to tell her colleagues & friends.

Not the best start to her day off.

(she is a dentist and this is the last thing she needs at the moment).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021