back to article UKIP blackmail, data breach sueball allegations were groundless, rules High Court

A lawsuit alleging that ex-UKIP leader Richard Braine took part in blackmail and data breaches has been all but thrown out of the High Court as a judge said it was "without any proper and sound evidential foundation". The case was brought after a collapse in internal party discipline late last year led to a comical merry-go- …

1. countd

Standard are slipping...

Several hundred words and no mention that the UKIP leader at the time was called Dick Braine?

1. Snapper

Re: Standard are slipping...

It does seem poor of Vulture Central to miss such an obvious target.

As it seems the guy can't right, spel or punctyuate properly it's fairly obvious which part of the political spectrum he hails from.

He probably dribbles.

1. Androgynous Cupboard Silver badge

The fact he led UKIP is nominative determinism at its finest.

2. MJI Silver badge

I thought they had folded?

Brexity McBrexitface had bogged off to form Brexit party.

Last I heard was about someone called Dick Braine, you just couldn't make it up.

1. nematoad Silver badge
        FAIL

" they did not have a realistic prospect of success",

That seems good summation of UKIP as a whole.

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    FAIL

"you don't deserve pity but we give you're [sic] choice"

Writing like that deserves no pity whatsoever.

What a bunch of chumps.

1. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Re: "you don't deserve pity but we give you're [sic] choice"

What a bunch of chimps.

FTFY

No, on second thoughts, stet. Chimps wouldn't have helped get us into this mess in the first place.

2. UCAP

It's about on par for UKIP, given that most of them seem to have achieved negative IQ (at least judging from some unsolicited rubbish put through my door in the runup to the last GE).

1. MJI Silver badge

I remember all the unsolicited rubbish.

Worst election choice ever for the two main parties.

A pile of D and E (And a U for Chris Failing) team vs allotment Grandad.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Accused of " accessing 143 @ukip-dot-org email addresses" - So was that the entire membership list at that point?

4. IGotOut Silver badge

And just to think...

...it's thanks to these nutters we have Brexit.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: And just to think...

Indeed.

I hope that in 10 years or so, we can get past the financial debacle they (and the likes of Boris) have led us into.

Sadly the likes of Farage will keep on popping his head above the parapet sticking his nose into things he knows nowt about. Perhaps we should send him to Barelona and not let him back?

1. james_smith Silver badge

Nah, Farage will toddle off to Germany. His ex-wife and kids have German citizenship already. Judging by his past antics (such as coming close to being expelled from school for singing Nazi songs and Sieg Heil salutes), he may have to moderate his behaviour to avoid getting in a little legal trouble though.

2. IGotOut Silver badge

Oh btw they are not done yet, Wales is their next target:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-53371014

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

OMG! First we have Dick Braine, now we have Mark Reckless!

3. CrazyOldCatMan Silver badge

...it's thanks to these nutters we have Brexit.

I suspect that this rump of UKIP were just the tools and footsoldiers that Farage used to spread his pernicious message. Once he (and his mysterious backers) got what they wanted, he dropped them like the dross they are.

After all, he's not a paragon of morals and integrity either - becoming an MEP, not bothering to turn up unless he could guarentee that there would be TV cameras and accepting an MEP's pension even though he despised the EU Parliament and all it stood for. At its best it's it's hypocracy.

5. pinkmouse

"...and those who believe Islam is an organised plot to destroy Western civilisation..."

It is? I always thought Western civilization was an organized plot to destroy Western civilization. Especially US spelling...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Trollface

Inside Scoop ?

Did Vulture Central get the inside scoop from their former UKIP staffer?

1. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge

Re: Inside Scoop ?

I don't think Tim Worstall was ever a staffer. I think he was a freelance, brought in for occasional pieces. But he's not appeared on here in a while, and I don't think he's been involved with UKIP for years.

Soon after Farage took over as leader, UKIP pretty much became a one-man band. Which of course meant they were stuffed, after he left.

7. Twanky Bronze badge

Splitter!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020