back to article Southern Water to splash £50m on IT services to purify systems of planning, governance and internal controls

Brit utility firm Southern Water is tendering for a bunch of IT services that fall roughly into the bucket of application lifecycle management in contracts that could be worth up to £50m. The company, which provides water services across southern England from Hampshire to Kent, is looking for a pool of pre-qualified service …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

has a long-running relationship with IT services and outsourcing firm Capita

But is re-tendering all the lots?

So does the new company have to work with Capita or replace them?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

This bit is wrong

SW has in-sourced all it's IT's services, Capita are no longer involved in IT

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"the dumping of untreated effluent into beaches, rivers and streams"

A fine is great, but that should be a jailable offense.

And I'm not talking about sending the local chief nobody to jail, I'm talking about a CxO-level guy.

That would focus the attention of those who set the internal rules. it would incite them to lay down rules that shouldn't allow for that kind of thing. Then, if something like that did happen, they could then justifiably throw the local chief to the wolves.

But right now, I don't think the CxOs are that engaged in ensuring their companies do any ecological procedures that might have too much impact on the bottom line.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020