back to article Disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff pleads guilty again after cryptocurrency flop broke laws set up to stop him

Disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff is heading back to jail after he pleaded guilty to defrauding several thousand people out of millions of dollars by pushing what he claimed was a new, better, Bitcoin. The man who became a byline for Washington DC corruption, after he was sentenced to six years in prison for bribing public …

1. Snake Silver badge

Another, Surprise!

A criminal continuing his criminal endeavours.

I'm sorry, was I to expect something new?

2. elDog

Abramoff - the trenchcoat guy. Part of the Delay, Gingrich, Norquist mob

Perfect for a pardon and a high-level cabinet position in trump's mafia.

3. Sorry that handle is already taken. Silver badge
    Holmes

Hands up if the first time you saw a kleptocurrency named "Anti-Money Laundering Bitcoin" it wasn't obvious to you that it was designed specifically for money laundering?

1. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

I don't think I'd bother to think so specifically. I'd just assume it was designed to relieve investors of their money in order to transfer it to the promoters and leave it at that.

4. Potemkine!

His biggest mistake

Being not a close friend to Krusty the Trump. If he did, he would have been pardoned or have seen his sentence commuted.

1. Jim Mitchell

Re: His biggest mistake

I think I saw that only a third of Trumps pardons/sentence commutations have been people he knew personally. Only a third. Still, it is possible Abramoff knows people who know Trump who can ask for a favor. Swamp level is rising.

5. KBeee
    Facepalm

So, you need a lobbyist to promote your business, you hire one with a known criminal record concerning lobbying? Says a lot about your morals and business.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020