back to article HPE chief Neri: I've got COVID-19 and am staying home for the next fortnight

The chief exec of Hewlett Packard Enterprise has tested positive for coronavirus, he revealed today – adding to the firm's recent list of woes. Antonio Neri said in a statement posted to LinkedIn in the early hours of this morning: "Yesterday I tested positive for COVID-19. The good news is, I feel much better already and plan …

1. Mark192 Bronze badge

Good on him

Lesser leaders would turn up to work, risking infecting others, because they think they're important.

I'm assuming he's isolating because he knows his colleagues are even more important.

1. sanmigueelbeer Silver badge
      Coat

Re: Good on him

I'm assuming he's isolating

No, because he knows how to work from home.

2. NoneSuch Silver badge
    Thumb Down

Question...

If HPE failed to meet stated expectations, why don't the executives who made such wild miscalculations get the axe? Surely their salaries are larger than the poor 9-5 common men and women who normally get the boot.

Maybe a few of the "leaders" losing their positions will smarten the rest up so expectations are met or even exceeded next year. Stockholders, take heed.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Question...

The projections were made prior to the Covid outbreak, with an assumption that Sales would be active in the field in front of customers. It' is a bit more difficult to engage over the phone. Consequently, all of the competitors in the industry are seeing lower earnings and are likely to report lower earnings in the upcoming quarter(s) as well. Antonio is an excellent leader and a genuinely nice person. He does work from home effectively as do we all. HPE has this ability built into our DNA, however customers work best with Sales when they are face to face. Let's hope it gets back to normal soon. Best Regards.

3. 9Rune5 Silver badge
    Mushroom

The Register in decline

I'm very disappointed that the phrase "Typhoid-Neri" did not figure in the article.

1. Dan 55 Silver badge

Re: The Register in decline

It's probably best to wait until after he's recovered and we can all laugh about it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020