back to article We maintained or increased IT spending, say seven-in-ten pros, execs polled mid-crisis. PS: We love Microsoft most

Seven in ten IT pros and executives surveyed by The Register told us they, on average, maintained or increased their technology spending amid the coronavirus pandemic. Those polled also, overall, named Microsoft as their most valued vendor, followed by Zoom, Google, and Amazon Web Services. We emailed Register readers …

1. werdsmith Silver badge

NHS are using Azure for Covid19 work, and they are not even bothering to hide it behind a DNS name. 'azurewebsites.net' is on some of their urls.

1. Ben1892

It amazing how many of our users have said things like "Company X got <insert cloud product here> up and running in 4 days, why is it taking you so long?" - yes, you can buy a cloud product and turn it on without any design or security work but that's where it'll come and bite them. If they don't even have a vanity domain, I wonder if the NHS has any kind of conditional access in place?

2. Throatwarbler Mangrove Silver badge
    Windows

Got my popcorn . . .

. . . I'll just sit back and watch the Microsoft Hate Thread unfold below.

1. a_yank_lurker Silver badge

Re: Got my popcorn . . .

Too easy a target to go after MigraineSoft aka Slurp aka the Rejects of Redmond.

1. Marketing Hack Silver badge
        Windows

But that doesn't mean we will show mercy to Microslop! Kick it when it's down, then kill it with fire! :)

2. Maventi

There is no shortage of reasons to hate Microsoft, along with Amazon, Apple, Google and all the rest.

Anyone who thinks a sole vendor has all the answers or their best interests at heart needs to get outside of their tech bubble and see what else is out there.

3. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

This roughly balances with the number of businesses saying they've cut staff. So about 2/3 have put money into IT and about 1/3 are making cuts.

My first reaction was to wonder who'll be proved right but I suspect the third who are cutting staff will probably claim they were proved right. They'll say they never put money into IT because they never get anything useful out of it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020