back to article Post-pandemic hard-sell under way: Resellers leaned on to convert free trial users into fully paid-up customers

Organisations that took up Microsoft’s offer of a free six-month Office 365 trial to help them enable remote working during the COVID-19 pandemic are about to see the other side of that offer. The world’s largest technology distributor, Ingram Micro, has introduced incentives for resellers that convert trialists into paying …

1. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Mushroom

I'd like to say I'm surprised

But I'm not. I have utter contempt for people or organisations who use underhand methods to profit from others misery.

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: I'd like to say I'm surprised

I'm certain that, behind closed doors, some organisations and governments are talking about and making decisions that the public would find nasty, selfish and unpalatable, all in the pursuit of more money or power. And it won't just be "the usual suspects".

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: I'd like to say I'm surprised

All those companies going out of business? The premises, equipment, stock don't just evaporate. They get bought up cheap when the company liquidates by the organizations that are already cash rich. The rich get richer. Inequalities widen during depressions.

And those ready-trained ex employees?

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

2. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

"So those who chase these post-panic deals will commit further to the distributor's ecosystem."

So it's lock-in all the way down?

3. TheProf Silver badge
    Facepalm

Exactly 250

Exactly 250 seats would fall into the $2 and $4 tier.

I bagsie $4!

1. Sorry that handle is already taken. Silver badge

Re: Exactly 250

You mean $6 right?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021