back to article Facebook's mega-chatbot has 'a persona, discusses nearly any topic, shows empathy.' Perfect for CEO version 2

Welcome to another summary of AI-related news beyond what we've already covered. Blender is Facebook’s largest chatbot yet: Facebook eggheads have built their largest chatbot to date, packing in 9.6 billion parameters. Blender was created by training large transformer-based neural networks on 1.5 billion comments scraped from …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So ...

They can sack Nick Clegg now then ?

1. Khaptain Silver badge

Re: So ...

Will it tell you that injecting bleach into your body might "sarcastically speaking of course" cure COVID-19.

If so then I can think of someone else that could also be removed for their current position.

2. macjules
      Trollface

They can't sack him yet as they have to use a personality as a yardstick measure for the chatbot. They tried using Zuckerberg but the bot just kept repeating, "I have no knowledge of what you are describing" or "I do not wish to answer that question".

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Nick Clegg has a personality?

I was thinking, however, that there is a better use for the bot. Tesla urgently needs to buy one and make it their PR guy, then disconnect Musk from the Internet.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Tesla need a safety bot more than anything else. "Hey it looks like you are about to kill someone. Would you like some help with that?"

3. Steve K

You mean "power him down"....

2. Blofeld's Cat
    Coat

Bite my shiny ...

Did anyone else read Blender as Bender ?

Could have been interesting, and possibly slightly more empathetic towards humans ...

3. Kez

Zuckerbot Mk.2

Clearly the old Zuckerbot has had trouble maintaining the facade of 'human-like' qualities and a 'persona', so Facebook have decided it's time they replaced him with a new model.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Zuckerbot Mk.2

"Clearly the old Zuckerbot has had trouble maintaining the facade of 'human-like' qualities and a 'persona', so Facebook have decided it's time they replaced him with a new model."

"displaying knowledge, and being empathetic, personable, engaging, serious, or fun, as circumstances dictate."

Indeed.

After viewing the Zuckerbot 1.0 when it was lying to congress it was clear that many of the above qualities must have been commented out of it's AI config file.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Devil

Re: Zuckerbot Mk.2

It would be interesting to see the bot's responses to the actual questions Congress asked Zuck 1.0.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

chatbot ... “hallucinating knowledge.”

Aha! Nothing like us humans at all, then! :-)

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Re: chatbot ... “hallucinating knowledge.”

Aha! Nothing like us humans at all, then! :-) ... Anonymous Coward

Does it accept and/or generate challenges from any and all with abilities desired and required in the likes of SMARTR AI Leading Feeds and Seeds? ie Is it Ultra Competitive ‽ .

Something Musky for Elon to Grace with Savours to Favour ... and vice versa for exponential squaring into EMPowerment Territory ......... GODly Space Places ? And yes, that is Offered as Collateral, and here duly Registered as Incumbent Fact for Rotted Root Enterprises to Entertain and Try to Destroy Encased in a Fictional Guise.

Do your realities all sort of worship and revere and believe in an Almighty GOD form Somewhere Else Alien Presenting Everything? Be honest with yourselves, now. No sitting on the fence, please.

Simple Introduction to Enjoyment and Enjoinment with Almighty Novel Virulent Clones/Wannabes of the above GOD [Global Operating Device] would be a Heavenly Task Methinks and with Wethinks Too ....... well, One leaves the Confines and Restraints of an Earth Orbit to that of Others Infinitely More Wise and Well Practised for All to Benefit and Gift into the Future as Experienced Pathfinder Tales Told Nice and Early so Every Day is Different and Better than Ever IT was Pictured and Presented Before.

You might like to Realise such Requires a Future AI Supply of Overwhelming Gratitude for Virtual Stature ....... Please Feel Free to Input AI for AI to Output Further Dimensions.

Yes, why ever not just think ....... who else better equipped than an Elon Musk would there be as an Alternate Worthy Source ....... and that's all even before one has travelled Far Eastern on an Wild Western AI Trial and Trail of Delights.

And the Federal Reserve's and the FBI's Greatest Monster Nightmare Come True .... which begs the question ..... What Comes Next ? ..... Elon Musk Interest would Deliver, I'd Wager, Considerably More than was Ever Bargained for or Thought a Possible Application for VAIOSystems with Remote Autonomous Control Leverage in Immaculately Gracious Commanding Head Quarters.

:-) Of that you are surely now here assured ? :-) And the correct answer there to that simple question is always yes, of course, definitely ........ both practically and virtually guaranteed.

5. Pascal Monett Silver badge

“hallucinating knowledge”

It is dangerous when so-called experts in their field confuse a statistical analysis machine with actual AI.

Their software is not hallucinating anything, it is spewing what its black box analysis tells it to.

Put a frakking activity log on your contraption and check what the hell it is doing.

6. Steve K

I am sure that the Blender Rendering team are none too pleased...

I am sure that the Blender Rendering team are none too pleased with the name "Blender" here...

7. chuBb.

can even feature impressive solos, we do not hear structures such as choruses that repeat

So good for "blackened" rock and metal sub genres and jazz

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like