back to article Google and Cisco, sitting in a (spanning) tree, cloud N-E-T-W-O-R-K-I-N-G

Cisco will extend its SD-WAN service into Google's Cloud. The new offering, called Cisco SD-WAN Cloud Hub with Google Cloud, will let users extend their networking policies and connectivity into Google Cloud. In effect, the new solution will treat Google Cloud as if it were the user's Cisco environment. "We believe by …

1. Wellyboot Silver badge

Motive

If this has been nailed together in the last month or so because 'virus' I'm impressed by the speed of delivery.

I'd wager it's been in the pipe for a while longer, it suits the borg getting to use all the data chewing capacity & the slurpers get to see real time activity inside corporate networks.

2. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

The Trillion Dollar Question

Do Cisco and Google have any ACTive Pilots Up and Running in Any Amazing Applications?Anything at all that they would like to share?

For example, an application suite could support a front end running on one public cloud to optimize for cost, an analytics library on another cloud to leverage its AI/ML capabilities, and a financial component running on-prem for optimal security and compliance.

A Holy Grail Trinity methinks.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like