back to article Slack hooks up with Microsoft Teams and Zoom VoIP calls

Slack has added more integrations with Microsoft Teams and Zoom calls. Integrating with Teams is true to form for Slack because despite the upstart offering native voice and video chats it’s already integrated with plenty of other video calling tools. And does so happily while suggesting it is the future of work and all rivals …

1. Roger Kynaston Bronze badge
    Coat

Slacking off

So we can zoom off and team up with other slackers all from the comfort of our home while speaking in pidgin then.

1. Chris G Silver badge

Re: Slacking off

Coo!

2. macjules Silver badge

Pretty much the 3 wise apes: Slack is excellent for messaging, simple hooking into APIs and channelling, but rubbish for voice or video. Teams has good audio but the video is a bit off and getting APIs to integrate into channels is a bloody nightmare. Zoom is great for video, but that's about it.

I am staying with Webex and Slack - can't stand Zoom and Teams was great until they started making it hard to integrate Git or JIRA notifications.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Slack is just great, I didnt choose Teams for my organisation as it fell over badly twice in the week I was making my decision. Of course more people will be using Teams as it comes included with Office 365.

Zoom is just a million times better than everything else, they really nailed it (need to sort security though...)

1. jelabarre59 Silver badge

Slack *might* be OK if it weren't for it's crap UI, their abomination known as "Threads", and their insistence on making it impossible to develop an alternative client (which would be your only hope of making the service at all usable). Unfortunately at work everybody is moving away from IRC and over to Slack.

JR "Bob" Dobbs should be insulted that Slack have managed to tarnish the good name of a central tenet of The Church of the Subgenius.

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. Barry Rueger

My MusicStaff

The rather excellent My MusiStaff package for music teachers added Zoom support last month, a lovely one-click to connect students and teachers.

6. elkiwi

Screen code sharing

Slack is great for drawing a penis on the other peers screen but not much else, Team viewer's sharing is much better. You can easily code on a remote share.

7. P. Lee Silver badge

We could all save a lot of effort...

if giphy had a chat client.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020