... proposed purchaser Ethos Capital has close ties to former ICANN executives, including its former CEO and its former head of compliance. And it turns out Ethos isn’t even the final purchaser. It is, in fact, owned by a confusing nest of three different Delaware shell companies - Purpose Domains Direct LLC, Purpose Domains Holdings LLC, and Purpose Domains Investments LLC.
1. Lack of transparency --> check
2. Secrecy --> check
3. Repeted refusals to disclose basic facts --> check
4. Multiple shell companies in an offshore haven --> check
5. Unknown money/people behind all this --> check
6. Former ICANN Ceo and ex-employees involved --> check
There's is nothing suspicious here.
It is quite certain to anyone at this point in time that this is nothing but a shameless scam.
And it has to be stopped ASAP.
Communicacion, an activity into which the internet in it's various forms has progressively incarnated during the past three decades is a public service which has to be properly regulated.
In the interest of the public, not in the interest of the few corporations at its core.