back to article Looking for a Valentine's bargain? Samsung's next pholdable tipped for 14 Feb release at a trifling $1,400

Samsung is expected to go public with its next foldable flagship, the Galaxy Z Flip, early next month at its Unpacked event in San Francisco. The choice of venue – America's most expensive metro – is apt given the $1,400 price tag the phone is reportedly going to sell for. That's a lot of money, sure, but for context, both the …

1. Headley_Grange Silver badge

"..iron out several embarrassing quality control issues..."

Creased me up!

1. Jedit Silver badge
      Coat

"Creased me up!"

I hope you're not in the office, or you might have several embarrassing quality control issues. Luckily they are creases, so they can be ironed out.

(Mine's the one with, you guessed it, creases.)

2. JohnFen

I just can't imagine

I just can't imagine any phone being so awesome that it is worth four figures.

3. the Jim bloke
    Thumb Down

But when you spread the price over the length of its supported life...

it will still cost $1,400

People who buy this will do so because of the price, not in spite of it.

It is absolutely compensating for a small dick.

4. Kevin McMurtrie Silver badge

Folding is nice but

This better be a folded up desktop computer at that price because Samsung phones are not fashion statements. It's going to need a ton of RAM, storage, 4K video ouput, and DeX desktop mode working as more than a toy.

5. Blackjack Silver badge

Eh...

How much is a laptop again?

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

Re: Eh...

One that fits in your pocket, or something else?

1. Sgt_Oddball

Re: Eh...

About £100-200 give or take off ebay. Look for the old Toshiba Librettos. Or you could get a planet gemini? Both of those should fit into a coat pocket without too much difficulty.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like