Re: Not Permitted
I make an exception for some sites, cursing them the entire way...
1. don't use windows for web browsing. or chrome.
2. create a special non-priv user and config firefox [or other browser] for that user such that ALL HISTORY AND CACHE IS AUTOMATICALLY DESTROYED when you close it.
3. Run X11 with TCP enabled. From a shell in the login session , type "xhost +localhost" to enable connections.
4. In a shell, 'su' to the special user, and enter "export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0". Then any X applications you run (from that shell) will be in the context of THAT user, but on the current desktop.
5. Run firefox as that user, with scripting enabled etc. for as long as you need to on whatever web site you need to do this for. Then close the browser. All history and cross-site tracking *VANISHES*
that's what I do, anyway. It's a compromise to having to temporarily enable scripts via NoScript and things of that nature. With so many 3rd party things running script in so many web pages, using NoScript can be painful as you, one at a time, re-re-refresh and 'enable the next one' only to find 2 or 3 more show up. kinda like fixing programming bugs, yeah...