back to article Cloud file migration geek Mover packs boxes for Microsoft

On the eve of its FY20 Q1 earnings and with the Ignite shindig around the corner, Microsoft has announced the purchase of cloud migration outfit Mover. While Microsoft already has a good few options for customers shifting data cloudwards, including FastTrack and those proffered by its channel pals, Mover is more about self- …

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"a seamless and cost-effective experience"

Yeah, right up to the point when the connection goes down, a regional hub goes down, or everything goes down and the backups are lost.

Trusting your data to anyone is a risk. Trusting your data to Microsoft is a game of Russian roulette.

1. quxinot

Re: "a seamless and cost-effective experience"

Not true.

I've heard of people winning Russian roulette.

1. Korev Silver badge

Mostly those betting

2. Roland6 Silver badge

>Trusting your data to anyone is a risk. Trusting your data to Microsoft is a game of Russian roulette.

Getting a little ahead of yourself :)

The article was about making the move, not about whether using MS cloud is a good thing or not.

Looking at Mover.io I note that the migrations that either don't involve MS cloud or are away from MS cloud have been distinctly downplayed. I expect under MS management those migrations will be further relegated.

2. PeteThePirate

North America Only?

When they going to open it up to the rest of the world

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like