back to article Jamf emits mystery security fix for Pro macOS, iOS wrangler, keeps admins in dark by censoring chatter

MacOS network admins are being advised to update their copies of the Jamf Pro management software following the disclosure of a critical security flaw. The Jamf Pro 10.15.1 update includes among its fixes a patch for a security flaw that, depending upon the version being used, could allow for file deletions or remote code …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

didnt read Title SLASH Article* anyway...the picture of the lady is ..

.. enough for us!

High Class Stunning!

Must be good.

Here's 22% of 3 years budget..

signed: Mac

*Nod to the SLASHER article btw.

1. sbt
      WTF?

Never attribute to malice...

An increase in the quality of the stock photos clearly not matched by an increase in the quality of the commentary.

Meanwhile, not a Jamf user but it's a shame when a vendor's ham-fisted attempts to keep a lid on damaging flaws and "keep it in the [customer] family" and away from the miscreants turns into a Streisand situation.

1. MiguelC Silver badge
        Devil

Re: Never attribute to malice...

You think that's a shame? I find it hilarious that companies keep falling over and over end over.....

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Facepalm

How is it possible

In this day and age, how can a company possibly not be aware of how to properly handle a patch. Trying to hide the issue and refusing to publish details of the flaw, really ?

There are still companies that try to do that and think they will get away with it ?

Sheesh.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What? I'm a Jamf customer, we did receive the report.

Soooo... the vulnerability was discovered, then patched almost immediately - then Jamf allowed customer about 72 hours to upgrade their server before telling the world there was a way to hack into anyones server not upgraded to a patched build. This was a responsible and appropriate move. Jamf released the vulnerability data to customers yesterday. It's common practice to allow people ample time to upgrade prior to releasing the how-to

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Err, yeah, just like that baby

"Premium and Custom customers can contact their Customer Success representative to schedule an upgrade."

Maybe I'm getting old and cynical, but when I see a company refer to their customer service folks as "Customer Success representatives", I know somebody's getting a gratuitous wanking under the table somewhere...

But like I said, I'm old and cynical.

1. sbt
      Joke

They can be ill-timed, sure;

But never gratuitous.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like