back to article Don't take Uxbridge, but TfL's given Uber a mini-licence for London

Transport for London has granted Uber a two-month licence to continue running services in the capital while it proves it is a fit and proper operator – but it must comply with extra conditions. TfL removed Uber's licence in 2017 but the minicab disruptor got a 15 month stay of execution which was due to expire at midnight …

1. Inventor of the Marmite Laser Silver badge

Mornington Crescent

I win!

1. Korev Silver badge
      Facepalm

Afraid not, we're playing anti-clockwise Bank rules variant II; if only it was variant I then you'd have won...

Hard cheese old pal.

2. Korev Silver badge
    Coat

These puns are going down the Tube...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The Bus Driver's (or Cabbie's) Prayer is old but popularised by Ian Dury in the 90s... and 'discovered' by the Evening Standard in only 2014

There's even a Cornish version... https://graylightfoot.co.uk/2014/06/19/the-west-cornish-bus-drivers-prayer/

3. pinkmouse

"...make regulator Morden happy"

What, the agent of the Shadows? It'll end in fire...

1. Teiwaz

"...make regulator Morden happy"

What, the agent of the Shadows? It'll end in fire...

In a secret meeting at TFL, in payment for favours, a curvy line was drawn, bisecting a map of London into 2/3s....

1. TRT

They are allowed to operate within the boundaries of the M25, which as we all know is cursed and, by the machinations of the demon Crowley, a massive inscription of the sigil Odegra which translates as "Hail the Great Beast, Destroyer of worlds!"

1. Teiwaz

They are allowed to operate within the boundaries of the M25, which as we all know is cursed and, by the machinations of the demon Crowley, a massive inscription of the sigil Odegra which translates as "Hail the Great Beast, Destroyer of worlds!"

Oh, this is a reference to another American TV show....

Thought for a minute is was a better read reference to Aleister Crowley and Thelema...or even something of Poe and Cthulhu. I was impressed for a moment.

1. TRT

American???!!!!

Well the money might have been, but the story definitely wasn't.

2. TRT

BTW How can you bisect into thirds? Or even 2/3s?

1. pinkmouse

"Understanding is a three-edged sword"

1. TRT

Thumbs up for the B5 reference.

4. Fruit and Nutcase Silver badge
    Coat

Transport for London has granted Uber a two-month licence to continue running services in the capital while it proves it is a fit and proper operator – but it must comply with extra conditions.

Let's hope Uber do better than Boris, who in 2 months has proven himself not to be a fit and proper Prime Minister

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

make regulator Morden happy

as a Morden resident, I feel confused. I mean, I get the morden morbid mordor link, but where's an uber in that? Spare a tip guv for a hapless johnny foreigner! :(

6. dank_army

See ya later Uber

Can just picture all those black cab driver faces today!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like