back to article IT biz Web Yoga adopts contrition pose, admits it turned blind eye to college's H-1B visa fraud

IT staffing outfit Web Yoga pleaded guilty on Wednesday to knowing about – and failing to report – employment visa fraud that the Ohio-based biz benefited from at the nearby Wright State University. Last November, the university's Board of Trustees acknowledged [PDF] the school's involvement in a visa fraud scheme and agreed …

1. Blackjack Silver badge

How many other schools have been doing stuff like this and just haven't been caught yet?

2. prinz

The reals news is the university didn't get prosecuted...

...and the $1 million fine is just the university giving back to the Feds the tax money the Feds send them to prop them up. They'll just apply for more funding to make up the difference.

And, the no further investigation was done to nail the people that did this? I love the folks who ran this were on paid leave from the university for three years.

They should be in jail. This was a full non-trivial scam.

If this were a mafia group running this scam rather than a bunch of egg heads, that's where they'd be. I guess egg heads get a slap on the wrist....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: The reals news is the university didn't get prosecuted...

> They should be in jail. This was a full non-trivial scam.

I'm not sure that visa fraud is serious enough to warrant a jail sentence but there should be prosecutions of individuals and fines levied on individuals.

Bank robbers should set up a joint stock company between them: but your honour, it was the company that robbed the bank...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like