back to article Microsoft preps to purge its cloud access security broker of shonky crypto protocols TLS 1.0, 1.1

Transport Level Security (TLS) 1.0 and 1.1 is to be axed for users of Microsoft Cloud App Security (MCAS) from 8 September as the company shores up security with a requirement for TLS 1.2+. It has been a while coming. The company announced that it wanted to kill off TLS 1.0 and 1.1 last year, joining with Apple, Google and …

1. Steve K

MCAS???

MCAS??? Really??

1. Nolveys

Re: MCAS???

Martian Congressional Aardvark Society

2. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Re: MCAS???

It stands for a number of things, one of which makes Boeing 737 MAX aeroplanes crash ("Maneuvering Characteristics Augmentation System", sic).

Some others are:

Mast cell activation syndrome

My Child At School, "an online portal for parents that enables them to view their child's performance at school in real-time" (creepy?)

2. Tom Paine
    FAIL

"Are we affected?"

It can be hard to avoid MCAS: while the thing can be licensed as a standalone product, it also crops up in various guises through Microsoft's labyrinthine subscription options [..]

Ain't that the truth! I haven't a clue which O365 bundle we're on. Oh for the days when you could just look for a file or directory, or a start menu item, to know whether you were exposed to some security issue or other. When I rule the world, right, I shall... I shall... *waves hand vaguely* something something,.. I know not yet what it might be, but it will shake the very foundations of the earth, oh yes!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like