back to article German data regulator ruminates on big 5G question, shrugs: We'll find Huawei around it

Germany's data protection and security regulator is not too stressed about the supposed threat of using Huawei equipment in 5G networks. Arne Schönbohm, head of Germany's Federal Office for Information Security, told Der Spiegel the risks posed by the Chinese outfit are manageable and that a next-generation mobile network made …

1. el kabong

You mean the FUD factor is not working?

Perhaps the Germans do not get easily scared, or fooled. I suppose someone in 'merica miscalculated the reaction.

Take some friendly advice 'merica, find better instruments of persuasion, FUD only works against the feeble, the strong tend to show some annoying resistance to FUD, you better find some alternative way to persuade them.

1. tip pc Silver badge

Re: You mean the FUD factor is not working?

Aka project fear

2. big_D Silver badge
      Headmaster

Re: You mean the FUD factor is not working?

It helps when trumped up English isn't your mother tongue...

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Trollface

"we can counter that with improved encryption"

Wait, wait. Do you mean, encryption that is not backdoored ?

But . . but . . then the terrorists will win !

For the safety of our civilization, we must listen to Trump, to the FBI director and to the Attorney General Barr ! These humanitarian samaritans have told us : we need backdoored encryption for our own safety. You cannot go against the combined will of the three greatest minds of the United Sheesh.

1. DiViDeD
      Coat

Re: "the terrorists will win !"

Wel said sir! I lift my glass to your strong stance! We all know that the best way to protect our freedoms is to take them away and lock them in a secure cellar.

It's the ones with the arms that do up round the back, thanks.

2. DiViDeD

Re: "the terrorists will win !"

Wel said sir! I lift my glass to your strong stance! We all know that the best way to protect our freedoms is to take them away and lock them in a secure cellar.

It's the ones with the arms that do up round the back, thanks.

3. big_D Silver badge
      Big Brother

Re: "we can counter that with improved encryption"

Es tut mir Leid, ich habe dich nicht verstanden. Was war das noch Mal?

Bei uns gibt's nur den Bundestrojaner.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like