back to article LinkedIn to chow down on Microsoft's cloudy dogfood

Microsoft has rewarded LinkedIn - the social-media-for-suits and corporate one-upmanship platform - for its contribution to the Redmondian bottom line by booting the outfit into the public cloud. LinkedIn revenue was up 25 per cent in last week's earnings bonanza – a reflection of the growth of the network, which currently …

1. Dan 55 Silver badge

The wailing in Microsoft's user forums over the Skype transition from the "Classic" version 7 to the somewhat feature-lite world of version 8 has continued even after the axe finally fell last year.

I lost track of the times when the client returned an "invalid password" error message, or hanged, or worked until you videocalled and were rewarded with a black window instead of the video. All of this meant "you must update to the newest version before logging in".

So, bodes well, then.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

booting the outfit into the public cloud.

Oh crap. I'm still getting spam from the last time LinkedIn was hacked :(

Incoming in 3, 2, 1...

1. IGotOut Silver badge

Re: booting the outfit into the public cloud.

Well unless your a recruiter, a salesdriod or a narcissistic "CEO" save the worry of losing your information by deleting your account, as there's bugger all reason to be on there.

3. Teiwaz

"inappropriate" content off the site

Doesn't work - there are still very disturbed people there (optimistic, but disturbed) the type that think collecting contacts like Top Trumps** will somehow make them CEO of a huge corp - not that it matters, every small businessman with => 1 employee delusions calls himself CEO on LinkedIn).

** Or Pokemon, maybe.

4. deadlockvictim

Hotmail

Anyone remember how well the transition to SQL Server went for Hotmail?

Still, Azure is a very different beast and it will be a good ad for Azure if it can not only match LinkedIn's curent performance but improve upon it.

5. Chris G

With a bit of luck

LinkedIn will fall over and die, a bit like the TSB did when it left Santander.

LinkedIn is marginally less useful than one of my old socks that have departed the washing machine via a wormhole to the HorseHead Nebula

I keep getting invitations to connect to a couple of dead people though, so it may have some uses, one of them owes me money.

1. Sulky

Re: With a bit of luck

If LinkedIn running on Azure manages to connect you to a dead person and you collect your money, you could only consider that one hell of a success!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon