back to article One-time permanent DWP secretary Robert Devereux set to rock up at 'ethical' tech biz Salesforce

Former permanent secretary at the UK's Department for Work and Pensions, Robert Devereux, is to join software giant Salesforce. Devereux was one of the key people behind the increase of the state pension age to 68, but retired at the age of 61 from his £185,000 salary job in 2017. His pension pot was reported to be £1.8m in …

1. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

"Devereux, however, does not have appear to have any specific technology experience on his CV."

Yup, I can imagine he'd be keen to avoid any suggestion that he had involvement with DWP's IT projects.

2. TVU Silver badge

"One-time permanent DWP secretary Robert Devereux set to rock up at 'ethical' tech biz Salesforce"

I am sorry but the the terms "permanent DWP secretary Robert Devereux" and "ethical" just do not belong together in any sentence.

3. Great Bu

Choo Choo !

I don't understand - is it a train for transporting gravy, a train made out of gravy or the train that goes to a town named gravy ?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Choo Choo !

While I realise you are being humourous, some discussion of the origins if the phrase are here: http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-gra4.htm

2. phuzz Silver badge

With the amount he's probably being paid, why not all three?

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

is it a train for transporting gravy, a train made out of gravy or the train that goes to a town named gravy ?

It's the train carrying all the gravy required to keep filling the trough that certain select members of our political establishment like to keep their snouts in...

4. TheSkunkyMonk

I'm sure "ethical" in business terms really means how much can we squeeze them before they revolt.

5. BrownishMonstr

Ahhh, why the fuck do our ministers and knobs-in-charge* make decisions which are least likely to affect them. Fucking imbeciles. Fuck leaving the EU, let's do away with our own fucking parliament.

*I'm not sexiest, so pussies-in-charge, if your prefer.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"*I'm not sexiest, so pussies-in-charge, if your prefer."

What does how sexy you are have to do with anything?

1. BrownishMonstr

Fuckety auto correct. Plus tiredness.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon