back to article Intel budges Samsung out of its seat at the top of silicon-slinger league

Having been humiliated by Samsung in 2017, Intel has reclaimed its customary place as the world's largest semiconductor supplier. According to market research firm IC Insights, Chipzilla shipped $15.8bn worth of silicon in the first quarter of 2019 – roughly the same amount it got out of the door in Q1 2018 – while everyone's …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I guess that'll turn around again this year, now that Apple have dumped Intel.

1. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge

re: Intel and Apple

I guess that'll turn around again this year, now that Apple have dumped Intel

Should that not be something like

I guess that might around again this year, now that Apple rumoured to in the process of dumping Intel

2. rsole

I think it could be argued that it will benefit Intel as they are no longer throwing money at a loss maker and diverting attention from the crown jewels. In the long term Apple will probably move on but at the moment they have removed the option of what has essentially been a bargaining tool and confronted the reality that they are not yet ready to replace Intel or Qualcomm. The real surprise to me as they took so long to confront this reality.

2. tentimes

Time to buy some RAM then

Amazon here I come...!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2021