back to article Unexpected OutSage: Sage Business Cloud enjoys a Tuesday totter

Accounting software giant Sage has been having a few irritating interruptions this morning as users encountered difficulty counting beans with the company's services. The first reports of issues began trickling just before 09:30 UK time as users found themselves unable to log in to the company's cloud stuff. According to Sage' …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Looking for something better than Sage 50 Pro.

Looking for an alternative to Sage 50 Pro that is more sales based. Sage 50 as a sales tool is straight up useless.

I need something that

1) Will let me search for Quotes so that I can convert them to Sales Orders.

2) Duplicate a Quote into a Sales Order and vice-versa.

3) When entering a Quote or Sales Order allow me to see previous prices the product was sold at, or it's price after discount in real time. I shouldn't have to quit the Sales Order module so I can go open up other sales orders or modules to find the last sold at price for a customer or go hunting for a discount matrix to apply to the price that's being displayed.

4) On premises installation. None of this cloud rubbish where I have no control over someone elses downtime..

1. BlokeOnMotorway

Re: Looking for something better than Sage 50 Pro.

Try QuickBooks.

Lots of TV advertising at the moment, so it must be good.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Quickbooks only seem to sell their online cloud product nowadays (at least I can't find anywhere on their site to see/buy Desktop software), so they're not offering the diverse choices of use and deployment that Sage look like they're offering.

2. Alan Bourke

Opera

3. adgec

Xero - it's not cloud based - instead it runs on loads of servers in data centres and you use a web browser to access it.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2022