back to article Databricks launches open-source project to drain all your data swamps into info lakes

American startup Databricks, established by the original authors of the Apache Spark framework, has launched an open source project designed to solve the reliability issues plaguing data swamps – those huge (cess)pools of raw corporate data that are supposed to deliver value from analytics. The Delta Lakes project is deployed …

1. GrapeBunch
    Coffee/keyboard

Please rebrick me, don't let me go

I imagined it was going to be an actual brick. Save your life's digital work in a brick. So that after you die and the relatives dumpster your possessions and rifle your bank accounts to live the high life for a year (or even a minute ...), there's still a chance some future archaeologist could recover the digital essence of you. I also imagined that the brick would be stored in the bottom of a lake, but it does make more sense that it be used as a brick in a building. At least, ecologically it makes more sense.

Getting back to the actual story--this seems a praiseworthy piece of software, if it works as advertised on the packet. I wonder if something like it could be used to turn a kazillion DNA tests into a large family tree. Human analysis of shared DNA segments deals with one comparison at a time. Why not deal with a kazillion ^ 2 all in one go?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like