back to article Look what the Softcat dragged in: Revenues grow 21% as UK reseller refuses to blink at Brexit

With Brexit possibly just around the corner, reselling machine Softcat says it has made all the preparations it can to minimise the impact on the supply chain and sales. Not that any uncertainty caused by the unpredictable nature of Britain's withdrawal from the European Union damaged the London Stock Exchange-listed biz in …

1. Danny 14

we use softcat. they arent bad. best of all they sent a rep to our counties network manager conference and got the pizzas in. food good.

2. Version 1.0 Silver badge
    Pint

I looks like most companies are spending money now to prepare for the Brexit bug (like we all did back in 1999) and that's boosting the economy in many areas ... but where is it going? COBOL and FORTRAN programmers were minting money prior to 2000 but these days not so much. Will we be ready to the post-Brexit situation? At least with the Millennium bug we knew when it was due - once I saw that everything was OK that night, I opened a bottle of Talisker ....

3. Nattrash
    Trollface

Softcat...

Is that the same feline as the (alleged) cat of the French EU minister called "Brexit"?

4. Securitymoose

Thank goodness one company isn't joining the mass hysteria

Nobody knows how it will go, and most should prepare for multiple scenarios. Good on Softcat, actually doing what all businesses should be doing, and being ready for whatever happens. Substitute 'Brexit' for 'any other business threat'* and there really is no difference. It's called 'contingency', I believe. If you can't handle Brexit, you are a very poor manager/company indeed.

* War, Political changes, Sunspots, China, Putin, Trump, Technology breakthrough, Plague, U-boats etc.

5. Minimaul

We use Softcat, and my biggest complaint is that they never ever stop ringing us, and they don't take no for an answer, and they're always trying to flog some stupid services scheme that we're not interested in and have told them before we don't want.

It's gotten to the point that when we see a Softcat call we just pick up and put the phone straight back down now.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Try using a partner staffed with grown ups instead of kids in a call centre?

6. EnviableOne
    Holmes

though the UK's exit from the EU seems not to have affected financial results so far

NSS it hasnt happened yet.

The guys and Gals from softcat are great, they still invite us to events and provide the refreshments, and to my knowlede, we havent even bought anything from them, ever.....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon