back to article Happy graduation day, Containerd! Canonical has something for you

Canonical has announced support for Containerd in its upcoming 1.14 releases of Charmed Kubernetes and Microk8s on the same day that the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) stamped "Graduated" on the container tech. Canonical said the release will improve the "security and robustness" of its container range but will carry …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pros Vs. Cons?

Docker vs. Containerd?

Im not a Docker user. I've only used it to run nginx, nodejs, sqlite and a couple other little odds and end shits that are simple, so I'm not sure where Docker fits in the complexity of multi-user or "enterprise", let alone know what Containred offers that could be more desirable.

2. IGnatius T Foobar !

Been reading El Reg too long...

I think I've been reading El Reg for too long ... I instantly assumed that "Containerd" was a portmanteau of "Container" and "Nerd".

3. georgezilla Silver badge

Its's just .....

Canonical being Canonical. Same shit as Mir and Unity.

"Its' not ours ..... "

1. thames

Re: Its's just .....

I'm not sure what article you are responding to, but this one is about Canonical announcing their support for the industry standard, which is Containerd.

As for Mir and Unity, neither of these are in their current LTS release as standard features.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like