back to article Microsoft’s Bing dinged: What happened, Xi Jinping?

Chinese internet users have today found themselves unable to access Microsoft's search engine, Bing. The outage for the Windows giant's wannabe Google Search began early this morning and while Microsoft has yet to give a clue as to why or how long the search engine will remain AWOL, a spokesbod did at least confirm the issue, …

1. Hans Neeson-Bumpsadese Silver badge
    Coat

So, in China nobody uses Bing? They really are becoming more like the West every day.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I don't care what Steven Sinofsky says. The world has him to thank for Windows 8.

1. steviebuk Silver badge

It also explains all the odd issue with Office over the years. Don't get me wrong, I like Office and came to like the Ribbon after I watched a video with them exampling how to use it. But Mark Russinovich over the years, even while at Microsoft as always taken digs at Office :) so it must be badly coded then.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

Maybe it's time...

To just cut them off from the internet completely... See how long that lasts...

All of it just smells like xenophobia to me....

MCMA !

(Make China Great Again...)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Maybe it's time...

MCMA !

(Make China Great Again...)

MACA !

(Make Acronyms Correct Again...)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dictatorships never rewards "useful idiots"

If you bend, they just ask you to bend more...

1. bombastic bob Silver badge
      Stop

Re: Dictatorships never rewards "useful idiots"

time to stop bending over. time to stand up, and turn around so you are no longer voluntarily exposing your nether region for abuse, and say NO! MORE!!!

If you're JUST going to be banned anyway, might as well tell them off, with profanity, from the beginning.

UNLESS... it's in line with your company plans to do what THEY want, in which case the problem is much bigger than the Chinese Communist government behaving like pricks - or 'Communists' (same thing)

5. Mike Lewis

In other words...

Bing goes bung.

6. MOV r0,r0

As a total aside, my SEA friends pronounce 'Winnie The Pooh' as 'We-needa Pooh' - never fails to entertain!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

for a more detailed explanation of the outage

it was a test run, and it worked (to show MS what it's like not to do quickly enough something China "asks" to do quickly).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like